Class 2/24

During class we viewed opera and how it has escalated through the years. It is amazing to see how fond people grew of opera and its rise into broadway and how Opera is conformed into such a proper form of music and entertainment. In the beginning, the public did not take opera very seriously. Tickets would run for about one or two dollars and Broadway actually almost ended in the 1950's due to the rise of TV and movies. It also did not help that after 9/11, people were terrified to travel to New York City to watch these shows leaving Broadway just short of never becoming what it is today. some of the most successful broadway shows include Wicked, Phantom of the Opera, and The lion king. I related to the Lion King because when I was younger I was fortunate enough to see it for myself and it was amazing!


Comments