Madame Butterfly

After seeing both the animation and the opera of Madame Butterfly, it was easy to see the distinct differences between the two. Through the animation, I noticed that it moved faster but personally I found it much easier to follow versus the Opera. I also noticed that Madame Butterfly had a daughter rather than a son which played a very important role in terms of how the story was told. The animation did a great job using a lot of drama when Pinkerton took the daughter away from Madame butterfly. Through the opera, their use of facial expressions made it relatable to the viewers and is able to make a connection. Personally, I had much more of an impactful feeling at the end of the animation when Madame Butterfly literally fell apart to connect the whole story. Overall I enjoyed how well put together both the opera and animation were and could tell there was a lot of time and effort put into both pieces.

Comments